Strategic Planning and Execution | Policy Design and Implementation | Budgetary Compliance and Management | Data Analysis | Career Coaching | Admissions & Outreach | Student Engagement & Success | Diversity & Inclusion | Risk Management & Title IX | Alumni Relations
- Manages the Artist21 Creative Entrepreneurship Internship (CEI) Program, which is centered on inclusion efforts to provide diverse and low-income students a paid opportunity to intern with California’s leading artistic companies and organizations across a wide-range of disciplines including television, film, art, art history, theater, music, digital arts and games.
- Divisional Slug Support liaison in the Arts Division, which involves assisting students in accessing the most appropriate campus and community support services to address the presenting problems. This includes providing financial resources such as funding for food, emergency housing, and other essential needs.
- Collaborates with on and off campus resources including Title IX, law enforcement, and victim services to conduct prompt, equitable and impartial administrative investigations into complaints by identifying and interviewing parties, and gathering and assessing information relevant to the investigation to resolve complaints.
- Serves as an advisor to the Arts Dean`s Student Leadership Board to to encourage the development of Arts Division students with extracurricular and co-curricular student engagement programs, e.g. student activities, special student-led conferences, and cultural event series. The Arts Dean's Student Leadership Board was established to promote communication and interaction among students, faculty, staff, and administrators. The board also provides students with more opportunities to offer their voices and perspectives about academic matters at the division level and to work toward constructive change.
- Plans, implements, and/or promotes co-curricular student activities which provide a welcoming campus environment to support retention and the successful achievement of academic and career goals.
- Oversees student-funding opportunities, including the Arts Dean`s Fund for Excellence. This fund supports student success related activities and the dissemination of Arts research
- Participates in the curriculum development and academic review process in a way that fosters student engagement and student development in-classroom settings and improve divisional practices to support student learning.
- Works with the Executive Director of Research, Advancement and Strategic Impact to support grants and donor opportunities to fund programs under the purview of the Director of Student Success, Opportunity and Equity.
- "Finding a Sense of Belonging: Supporting the Retention of Minoritized Student Affairs Professionals on Predominantly White Campuses," Presented at the NASPA Region VI NorCal Drive-In Conference, Oakland, CA, June 2018.
- “Beyond a Deficit View: Reconstructing a Strength-Based Identity for First-Generation Students,” Presented at the NASPA Closing the Achievement Gap: Student Success in Higher Education Conference, Washington, DC, May 2018.
- “Exploring the use of an Interpretative Phenomenological Approach to Understanding College Access and Success: Community-Based Organizations and their Impact on the Persistence of First-Generation Students,” Presented at the 13th International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry, Champaign-Urbana, IL, May 2017.
- “Looking Past Prejudice: The Intersectionality of Oppression and Politics,” Presented at Staff Cultural Competency Symposium at Roosevelt University, October 2016.
- “Culture and Identity,” Presented in ACP 101 First Year Seminar, Roosevelt University, September 2016.
- “RISE Above Title IX Training,” Presented at New Student Orientation, Roosevelt University, July 2016
Porter Faculty Services